Thursday, February 14, 2008

A day in the respiratory clinic



I spent the day in the respiratory clinic. I saw patients with conditions such as asthma, bronchiectesis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder ... well you get the idea.
I percussed, listened to their lungs with a handy dandy stethoscope, talked over their conditions with the lovely consultant and on top of all of this- I learned proper hand washing techniques (that’s right! I'm doing MY part to stop the spread of MRSA in NHS hospitals!).
Other things of note:
1. number of patients I saw: 7
2. number of wheezes heard with stethoscope: 2
3. number of crackling lungs heard with stethoscope: 2
4. number of edemas I palpated: 2
5. number of X rays on SCRUBS that are presented wrong way round on the opening credits in Season 1 : 1

Yes. I know I'm a dork.
I'm just loving medicine- what can I say? I'm finding everything fascinating and exciting. The next few weeks are all on the wards so watch this space

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home