Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Silent Reflection

Geordan informed me that I'm slacking on my 'once a week' blog. Because life is busy, a quick update is all I can offer. Annoyingly, I woke up this morning with a cold. What was a sinus attack has turned into a throat thing as well. It was probably brought about by sitting at the Sheffield station in the cold for 1 1/2 hours as my train was cancelled. To recoup I've begun my usual measures of lots of tea with lemon and sitting by the radiator, reading. Geordan and I are reading Chesterton's "The Everlasting Man" amongst other things. He is so witty and cutting and interesting. Also continuing with "Just Peacemaking" by Glen H. Stassen.
Had a day in London last Thursday. I took a trip to the Romanian Consulate for more paperwork and to pick up my 'travel certificate' which authenticates my Romanian citizenship (even though I don't hold a current passport). I had loads of fun navigating the underground. Heard some lovely Vivaldi on the violin and clarinet in the bowels of those intricate tunnels. Also treated myself to Chinese in Chinatown at a little hole in the wall place Geordan and I always go to when in London. Overall, life is good. Geordan is really enjoying teaching his class with Dee. He comes home really energized and happy. Good thing he is in the right profession. I think it gives him a 'light at the end of the tunnel' in the midst of the archival/writing work- a way to see how all of the current work will bear fruit in the form of teaching. After the two days of snow, its nice to have rain again. I don't know why I feel that way because I LOVE the snow. Maybe its because it is one step closer to spring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home