Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April Showers

Its been a while since I've done a more 'personal' post. This is us on holiday with our friends Dennis and Rebecca (who came out to be with us from Nevada!) over Easter. We had a lovely day walking the grounds and going into the property at Sledmere House in the Yorkshire Dales. And yes, we did have cream teas in case you were wondering :)! With proper Yorkshire Clotted Cream no less.

It was a beautifully sunny Easter weekend, and we did the 'pilgrimage' to Epworth. We saw Samuel Weseley's Parish Church (and celebrated Easter morning there), had ramble round the graveyard and had a picnic lunch on the grounds.
We also had a tour of the Wesely Family Rectory and a wander around the grounds there as well.


Coming up this weekend is the wedding of my dear friend Kate, in a hall on the Chatsworth Estate.

Otherwise, Geordan is busy PhD-ing and correcting Church History 11 final exams. (Of course he had to take time off to watch the match at Steve's last night!) I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with friends (before I'm tied down to homework again in a few months).

Looking forward to 'pie night' with our small group- and excited that May is just 'round the corner - which means more sunshine and less drizzle. I really can't complain though- we have had two WONDERFUL weeks in April, and for this I am thankful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

I am also looking forward to 'pie night' on Sunday!
I have to say this April has been great as Ja, Emily and I have been able to get out a lot and spend time in the sunshine.
I really hope it continues because your options are widened with regards to how you spend your time.
Enjoy the next few weeks before the homework sets in.
J

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home