Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gutten Abend from Munchen!

We are in Germany! We are having so much fun! Yes, we sucked, and got schooled on Mon. I've never been so ashamed of a US team in my life. It was a complete throw-back to the days when we had college students playing in international tournaments! It seemed like they were just sleeping for most of the match.

But, nevertheless, we are really enjoying ourselves. The atmosphere here is absolutely AMAZING! We haven't witnessed any uncouth behavior really. The banter between supporters seems to be really good natured- which is great, and exactly as it should be!

Some of the highlights include:
1. Preztel bread! (so good!!)
2. I haven't yet eaten a wurst I didn't like!
3. Tunesian fans singing their hearts out in the city center of Munich for about 5 HOURS before the game tonight.
4. Germans (of ALL ages) in LIEDERHOSEN!!!! with painted faces waving flags around.
5. Spending time with our friends Matt and Meghan and their joy of a baby boy, Jeremy.
6. Going to the game and meeting loads of Americans along the way who are football mad! Its really refreshing! We didn't know so many existed!
7. Getting to spend so much time with Geordan and not feeling guilty that I'm keeping him away from the thesis!

God is good! We are having a really refreshing and FUN time.

Oh! And I got my exam results back! I made the necessary marks for the med school, so all is well on that front!

Thats all for now. Will update again when I get the chance - though I might be too depressed after Sat's match against Italia to do so anytime soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying yourselves!
Also great to hear about the results for Med school, but I am not surprised, clever clogs!
Hope the match is a bit better for you on Saturday.
JAxx

3:29 AM  
Blogger Jenks said...

I am struggling to get up to watch any games! Sounds like you are having a great time.

The Australians think they are going to finish off Brazil on Sunday! According to the papers here Brazil are knocking their knees together in fear of the Soccerwhos?!

good news on the med school results. Well done

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home