Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summer Days on the North Coast


I thought that since I haven't really posted for a while that I should give a quick update.

I am having a wonderful time being home. My parents took the family up to the north coast for 2 weeks. It has been the first time in a couple of years that all 6 of us have gotten away together.

The location we go to is a 25 mile stretch of rent-able properties along the north coast (like the house you see in the picture) called The Sea Ranch. It is a funny eclectic mix between very upper middle class comfort and a bohemian artist colony. More or less each house as a painters studio and every single house has an ocean view, and is just 10 minutes walk from the many little beaches along the shore. This picture, taken by my dad, is of my sister and me on one of our 6 mile strolls to the recreation center.

I spent a glorious 2 weeks in which I baked in the sun to my heart’s content, and reveled in many lazy hours reading and sipping on smoothies. We went berry picking (and picked about 3 lbs of blackberries!) and made homemade tarts which were so good that they never made it to plates because we ate them straight off of the baking sheets.

I’m still working on resizing a lot of the pictures we took, but I will post more as soon as I get a chance.

Now I’m back in San Jo- spending long summer days (and wonderful evenings outdoors) surrounded by the sweet comfort of old friends. It really doesn’t get much better than this. It would be perfect if only G were here also.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Great to hear that the Californian weather is treating you well. It is currently thundering and raining outside here in Manchester!
Enjoy the rest of your time with your family, we are looking forward to you coming back soon

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home